What is CP 500?
What is CP500 ?
CP500 is a "Notis Bayaran Ansuran" which means "Prepayment of Income Tax by Installment". Form CP500 is a tax installment scheme for a taxpayer that has income other than employment income such as business income, rental income and royalties. issued by IRBM.
Who will receive form CP500?
If a taxpayer has income other than employment such as business, rental and royalties, he is required to make 6 bi-monthly installment payments, commencing from the month of March. The installment dates will be prescribed in the notice of the installments to be paid (CP500). The amount of each installment will be estimated by IRBM. In the notices, taxpayers will be given the amount, due date and number of installments the taxpayer have to pay.
When will i receive CP500?
Form CP500 will be send out to taxpayer by Inland Revenue Board (IRB) every year at February.
What is the due date for CP500?
- The payment for Form CP500 should be made within 30 days from the date payable (Tarikh Kena Bayar).
- Failure to remit the tax installment (if any) by the filing deadline will result in a 10% penalty being imposed on the outstanding balance. The penalties are to be self-assessed and paid to the Malaysian Inland Revenue Board (MIRB).
Can I revise CP500 installment?
- Form CP500 can be revised by completing the Form CP502 and send it to the respective LHDN Branch before 30 June for the current year of assessment.
- However, if the revised tax installment (Form CP502) is 30% lower than the actual tax payable, the difference will be subject to a penalty of 10%.
- The formula to calculate the amount of tax to be increases is as follows: = [(Actual tax payable – Estimated tax payable) – (30% x Actual tax payable)] x 10%
What if I not receive CP500?
For individual that did not receive the Form CP500, they can visit or call LHDN Branch that handle the file or call the Hasil Care Line at 1-800-88-5436.
Accountant, when come to Borang B & Borang B submission, a common question may ask from your customers:
I just want tax payable RM 8000 only, how much yearly income do I need to report to LHDN? What us my tax bracket %?
SQL Accounting Software Favoured Features
SQL Account is an accounting software that is suitable for all businesses, from small businesses to large organizations. It is crucial to find a business solution that suits you. We cater for every industry. Small business, cloud accounting software, to on-premise accounting software, choose the best fit for your business. SQL Account is user friendly & can be integrated with no fuss.
Free Download Accounting Software trial to experience our accounting software.
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Batch Emails Statements
Special Industries Version
Real-Time CTOS Company Overview Reports
Advance Security Locks
SQL Account Modules
It’s easy to manage and track your company’s accounting records
Keep your customers in touch
Manage and keep your supply chain in check
More time. For Sales.
Be cost effective.
Helps take control of your inventory effortlessly